Would you like start a car detailing company? I bet I know why; I bet you love cars and would like to work around them all the time. Be careful though because you can turn something you really enjoy into a job and then you will hate it.
There is a right way and a wrong way to start a car ceramic tint company and the best way is to do excellent work and always ask for referrals. The wrong way to start a car detailing company is to put a huge ad in the Yellow Pages that could cost $500 per month. You see, sure you’ll get lots so-called detail customer cars coming from the Yellow Pages but they won’t necessarily be the cars that you really want to detail.
The super high-end clientele is not the kind of person who go through the Yellow Pages and call you up. The super high-end clientele is the kind of person who will ask their friends who detailed their car and if you were the one who is doing their friends cars then you will get the job you see, because they like working on referrals. Any car detailing company worth their salt knows that the best customers come for referrals.
How you get the best referrals? Simple after you’re done with someone’s car and they love the job ask them for referrals and if they offer hand them a small stack of business cards to give to their friends. This is far better way to get business than 500 per month Yellow Pages ad. I hope you will consider those.
5 Tips for Selecting Your Car Detailing Equipment
Choosing car detailing equipment can be a tough job, especially since there are so many companies and products competing for your attention and your money. But if you use the following five benchmarks to judge each one in turn, you will be able to determine which products are really worth your consideration. Simply judge each product on a scale of 1 to 5 in each of these areas, tally up the score for each and then use the guide at the end to help make your decision.
1. Quality and Reputation. Companies which have spent years building a reputation in the Florida car detailing field know the value of good work. They also understand customer needs much better than a start-up or fly by night company. Review the company’s history and look around for reviews on the products themselves before seriously considering anything. Message boards are especially helpful since the reviews there are usually more frank and honest than those found elsewhere.
2. Portability. If you plan on being able to offer on the spot service then consider how portable the equipment is. Even if you don’t plan on offering this kind of service portability can be important should you decide to move your shop or simply rearrange your work area. A machine that can’t be moved can become a liability and prevent your company from branching out.
3. Powerful Motor & Heavy Duty Construction. These two components are often the first thing people check when evaluating auto detailing equipment. The motor itself should be rugged and with a minimum strength of 0.75 horsepower. It should also be certified for energy efficiency. Outer casing should be chip resistant coated steel and should stand up well to also resist corrosion. Standard pressure washers are often made form aluminum and while this may save a few bucks, that aluminum will be less stable and won’t stand up to high pressure and usage.
4. Hoses and other accessories. Hoses should be dual layered in order to withstand near constant use. They should be flexible but strong and have quality joints. Accessories will be used often and need to be made from tempered materials which will not chip or break on tough jobs.|
5. Temperature and Flow. High pressure washers reach temperatures varying between 200 and 330 degrees. The hotter the water the better it will be at removing things like grease or tar. Make sure your machine can handle the workload of high temperature cleaning. Flow rate can help control water consumption. Many machines flow at 3 to 5 gallons per minute which can result in a lot of waste as well as high water bills for your company. A quality machine can do the job at a flow rate as low as 0.5 gallons per minute.